[CDFC] Re: New to the Group



Hi Allen............I am also in the process to switching to raw but after all is said and done , I think it will be a combo of raw and home-cooked with the occasional canned/kibble.

I was very content with home-cooked and high end commercial, but I resuced a Great Pyrenees recently that is a very picky eater , to the point of frustrating, but I am finding he takes very well to raw.
So I have been dipping my toes in it more deeply. My other dog is a
Lab so she will eat ANYTHING so I am not concerned with her. I still have alot to learn though.

There are groups that help with the new raw diets and I find the group Raw-Lite very casual where not just one diet is the right diet. Some of the other raw groups just come with way too many rules and personalities. Raw is the best and that is it......that isnt me. I was referred to Raw-lite from another group I was on and I am finding it exactly how she described it....casual.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/RAW-lite/

Monica Segal's book 'Optimum Nutrition' is really informative along with Carina MacDonalds 'Raw Dog Food' both of which I think you can find on that site. Carina's book is very to the point and very basic to the new raw feeder. She also states there is more then one diet that is correct.....which is the attitude I like.

I am amazed that my guy actually chooses the raw over commercial or cooked. I started with Nature's Variety raw patties to where I just fed them chicken backs (RMB-raw meaty bone) tonight and they devoured it in record time.

I'm taking it slow and will still feed commercial at times....as I'm not sure if I can be continually consistent with the raw to provide a 'balanced long term nutrition'.

Good Luck.....

Maryanne......

--- In Commercial_Dog_Food_Comparison@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Stephens" <allenstg@...> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> My name is Allen and I am new to the group. I have 3 dogs: Boxer, Golden, & Lab. I am looking to switch my dogs from dry food to raw and am trying to gather as much info as possible. I want to say THANKS in advance for all the info I expect I will find.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments: